Receive The Compensation You Deserve with a Miami Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident or crash, you may be entitled to lost wage benefits, compensation for personal injury or property damage, and more. The results of a motorcycle accident can often be severe, and insurance companies are not always fair to victims of these accidents. At DRG Law Firm, we strive to provide our clients with proper representation to help them receive compensation to help ease this difficult time.
What To Do If You’re Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
- Stay at the scene. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime in the state of Florida.
- Get medical attention if necessary. Don’t hesitate to disclose any injuries or discomfort. It’s better to go to the hospital and make sure you don’t have any serious injuries than to find out later.
- Call the police. If they have not already arrived or been notified, you have to contact them about the accident. The police will provide you with an incident card or short form accident report – be sure to look it over and ensure it is legible.
- Exchange information with the other driver. In some cases, this will be on the accident report. If not, be sure to write down their name and insurance information.
- Take pictures. If you can, take pictures of the scene, the vehicles involved, and injuries that occurred because of the accident. They may be beneficial to your claim.
- Get witness information. If someone saw the crash, politely ask him or her if they would be willing to assist you by offering their information. Their account may be useful while building a case.
- Call your insurance company. As soon as you are able, contact your insurance company to tell them what happened. The police report may be helpful here.
- Do not discuss the accident. Avoid discussing what happened with anyone other than your attorney. Do not share anything about the incident on social media, including your well-being or physical activities.
- Do not sign anything without consulting your attorney.
DRG Law Firm is Here to Help
If you have been involved in an accident, contact our Miami office to learn more about your options. Our expert motorcycle accident attorneys are available to help you 24/7! Call us at 1-888-413-8353 to schedule your free injury claim evaluation.