Information We May Collect
We may collect information from or about you, such as:
- Personal information that you voluntarily provide, including name, address, and email address.
- Communication preferences.
- Unique IDs such as IP address and device IDs.
- Site-viewing activity, such as pages visited, videos watched, duration of sessions and search terms.
- Referring domain, destination domain and destination path.
- Geolocation data.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also combine information you provide to us, either via our Site or via another means (such as at a trade show) with publicly-available information, such as your organization’s name.
Information Collected by Automated Means. We may collect certain information about you by automated means, such as your MAC address, IP address, computer type, screen resolution, OS version, and browser type and version. This information is collected by most websites and is used to optimize your experience on the Site.
We may also use web beacons on our Site and in email communications. Web beacons, also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that we, or our third-party service providers, place on our Site and in emails. Alongside cookies, web beacons allow us to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific page on the Site, or opened or acted upon an email. This information allows us to measure the performance of our Site and our email campaigns.
Advertising on Third-Party Websites and Ad Networks. We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on the Site and third-party websites, which may include serving or tracking advertisements on or relating to the Site. Our third-party service providers may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on the Site and third-party sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. The privacy policies of those third parties will govern your interactions with such third-party websites or ad networks.
Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on the Site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you are using by your ISP and, in many cases, IP addresses are shared by multiple people or computers and may be dynamically generated (meaning they change over time). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you use the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) you visited. We may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect from you. We do this to improve the functionality of the Site.
Analytics. We use third-party analytics provided by Google Analytics. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information about you and information on how to opt out from Google’s collection of information from you, please click here.
Do Not Track. The Site does not recognize a “do not track” setting (or similar mechanism) from your browser to indicate that you do not wish to be tracked or to receive interest-based ads.
Security. The security of personal information that DRG Law Firm collects from Site users is of great importance to the DRG Law Firm. We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How We May Use Your Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use the information collected about you for the following purposes or in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to inform you of products, programs and services.
- To fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries, such as to send a requested white paper.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, including changes to Site terms, conditions and policies. This information is important, so you may not opt out of receiving it.
- For our internal business purposes, such as for data analysis (including through automated systems and machine learning), benchmarking, reporting, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, improving DRG Law Firm Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Site, and to prevent and to investigate fraud and other misuses.
- In an anonymous (or pseudonymous or de-identified), aggregated manner.
- In combination with other information, collected online and offline, including information from third-party sources, to help us update, expand and analyze our records, identify prospective customers and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies, and to protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- In any other ways, with your consent or as permitted under applicable law.
How Your Information May Be Shared
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may share personal information as follows:
- With any of our current and future corporate subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With our third-party service providers, agents, vendors and other third parties we use to support the Site and our business. These parties include, but are not limited to, third parties providing us with services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, analytics and email delivery services. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- With third parties (including third-party event sponsors) to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you.
- With third parties for marketing, advertising, Promotions, contests or other similar purposes. If required by applicable law, we will share such data for advertising and marketing purposes only in an aggregate, anonymous and de-identified manner.
- With third-party sponsors of Promotions (irrespective of whether such Promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such Promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate, because they may contain additional important information about a sponsor’s own information collection practices.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, proceeding or reorganization involving the business activities for which the information is maintained. In the event that ownership of DRG Law Firm or its business were to change as a result of a merger, acquisition or transfer to another company, your personal information may be shared. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, change in the use of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding such change in the use of your personal information.
- As we believe necessary: under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; to comply with any law or directive, judicial or administrative order, legal process or investigation, warrant, subpoena, law enforcement or national security investigation or as otherwise required or authorized by law; to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including outside your country of residence; to enforce our policies, terms, and conditions; to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Cross-Device Tracking. When you use your mobile device to interact with the Site, we may receive information about your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We and our service providers and third parties we collaborate with, including ad networks, may use cross-device/cross-context tracking. For example, you might use multiple browsers on a single device, or use various devices (such as desktops, smartphones, and tablets), which can result in your having multiple accounts or profiles across these various contexts and devices. Cross-device/cross-context technology may be used to connect these various accounts or profiles and the corresponding data from the different contexts and devices.